Want the key to happy and healthy hair? Start using the best cruelty-free shampoo and conditioner!
Struggle with frizz? What about dandruff? Need a purple shampoo? We’ve got the products for you!
Below we’ve listed our favorites in order from least to most expensive and all of the benefits of each product.
Keep scrolling to see our eight favorite cruelty-free shampoo & conditioner brands!
Best Cruelty-Free Shampoo And Conditioners That Won’t Break The Bank
Ready to discover the very best cruelty-free shampoo and conditioners for any budget?
If you purchase a few of them, remember that your body takes a few uses to get acquainted with a new product, so give it a few weeks to get used to each one.
1. SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Shampoo & Conditioner – $9.99
Want a great product that actually works and doesn’t break the bank? This brand of hair products is great for all hair types! Our personal favorite is the Black Castor Oil Shampoo & Conditioner.
This product is packed with ingredients like shea butter, black castor oil and apple cider vinegar. These stimulate hair growth, reduce breakage and reduce dandruff by invigorating the scalp.
- Cruelty-free, phthalate-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free
- Nourishing, curl enhancing, strengthening
- 4.3 stars on Target’s website
2. Love Beauty And Planet Shampoo & Conditioner – $6.99-$9.29
Looking for a pick-me-up for your hair? This product brings vibrancy and shine to your hair within the first few washes. Don’t forget it also smells amazing!
This is a great option for oily, non-dyed hair. Some customers have noticed their hair dye changes color slightly when using this product.
- Cruelty-free, vegan, dye-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, silicone-free
- Cleansing, nourishing, moisturizing
- 4.4 stars on Amazon
3. Odele Smoothing Shampoo & Conditioner – $11.99
If you’re looking to tame your frizziness and get some shine back into your hair, Odele is a great option for you! This is also a great option for coarse or curly hair.
It’s ingredients work well for smoothing and defining curls.
- Cruelty-free, vegan, phthalate-free, sulfate-free, paraben-free, dye-free, no added fragrance
- Shine enhancing, strengthening, moisturizing, smoothing
- 4.9 stars on Target’s website
Get it on Target
4. The Earthling Co Shampoo & Conditioner Bars – $13-$15
If you’re living a waste-free lifestyle, shampoo & conditioner bars are a great option for you! The Earthling Co Bars leave your hair squeaky clean without stripping away your natural oils.
Some customers have noticed that it does not help with frizziness and will become mushy if not stored properly. If you’re looking to use this brand, consider purchasing an easily draining soap dish.
- Cruelty-free, vegan, silicone free, paraben free,
- Moisturizing, strengthening
- 4.9 stars out of 963 reviews
Get it on Theearthlingco
5. Avalon Organics Anti-Dandruff Shampoo & Conditioner – $14.99-$26.99
If you struggle with dandruff and dry roots, this is a great option for you. The ingredients include 2% salicylic acid, aloe vera, tea tree, chamomile and essential oils.
They work together to prevent dandruff, relieve itchiness and flakiness, and bring moisture to your hair.
This is a great option if you suffer from contact dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis or psoriasis. You can find it online or at your local grocery store
- Cruelty-free, vegan, sulfate-free, paraben-free, phthalate-free, no artificial fragrance/color
- Moisturizing, prevents dry scalp
- 4 stars on Amazon
Get it on Amazon
6. Fekkai Brilliant Gloss Moisturizing Hi-Gloss Shampoo & Conditioner – $19.99
This is a great option if you’re sensitive to strong smells and want a product that leaves your hair silky smooth.
Their new formula is more suited for dry to normal hair, as the essential oils could enhance natural oils in already oily hair
- Cruelty-free, vegan, sulfate-free, phthalate-free, paraben-free
- Shine enhancing, moisturizing
- Target & Amazon
- 4.3 stars on Target’s website
7. DpHUE Purple Shampoo – $26
Want to get rid of that annoying yellow, brassy color in your hair? Try dpHUE cruelty-free purple shampoo!
Customers noticed a difference within one wash and see best results when used two times per week.
Pro Tip: leave it in for 5 minutes before rinsing to get an extra cool blonde color!
- Cruelty free, paraben free, sulfate free, silicone free, phthalate free, gluten free
- Neutralizes brassiness, cleansing
- Amazon, Ulta
- 4.1 stars on Amazon
Get it on Amazon
8. Function of Beauty Custom Shampoo & Conditioner – $29 – $49
The great news about this brand is you can customize your products to fit your exact needs. The bad news is your wallet definitely feels it.
The customizable shampoo and conditioner fit your hair type, structure and moisture level, and provide ingredients to achieve five “hair goals”. You can even choose from five fragrances, the strength and eight different colors!
- Cruelty-free, vegan, sulfate-free, paraben-free
- Can be made: silicone-free, dye-free, fragrance-free
- Custom beauty benefits that achieve your hair goals
- 4.6 stars out of 49,867 reviews
Get it on Function of Beauty
Best Cruelty-Free Shampoo And Conditioners That Won’t Break The Bank – Conclusion
Taking care of your hair with cruelty-free shampoo and conditioner isn’t as hard as it seems!
We hope you try out these products and let us know how they worked for you. Comment any other cruelty-free shampoo & conditioners that you swear by!